It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper quotes for Acura RLX insurance in Pittsburgh is to do an annual price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for information to get cheaper coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on RLX insurance in Pittsburgh. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Shockingly, over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. American consumers could save an average of about 46.5% each year, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Pittsburgh is quite easy. If you have a current car insurance policy, you should be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these techniques. But Pennsylvania car owners must know the methods companies use to sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Affordable companies for Acura RLX insurance in Pennsylvania
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Acura RLX insurance in Pittsburgh
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Sign Early and Save – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Acura RLX insurance in Pittsburgh.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the cost of your policy.
To view car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
How Your RLX Insurance Prices are Determined
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Stress out and pay more – Jobs like doctors, business owners, and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates due to intense work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, careers such as professors, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Liability insurance limits on your policy – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if you are found to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- You might want pay the minor claims yourself – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania award discounts to people who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Age of drivers – Drivers with little experience are known to be easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a teen driver to your car insurance policy can cause a big jump in price. Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- What’s your car’s IIHS safety rating? – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If the Acura RLX has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Driving citations hurt – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Careful drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Getting just one moving violation can increase rates forty percent or more. People who have serious violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Get married and get better premiums – Your spouse can actually save you money on car insurance. Marriage translates into being more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Insurance losses for an Acura RLX – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine prices. Models that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more to insure. The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Numbers under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Acura RLX Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When quoting and choosing your policy, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Do I need an agent?
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Pittsburgh?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Pittsburgh are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
Below are exclusive agents in Pittsburgh willing to provide rate quotes.
- Tad Paterra – State Farm Insurance Agent
984 Greentree Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 922-2622 – View Map
- Darlene Shelton-Lamot – State Farm Insurance Agent
911 Western Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15233 – (412) 322-1064 – View Map
- Jack Dumbaugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1236 Grove Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 884-8100 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh that can give you price quote information.
- Rodgers Andrew F Insurance Agency Inc
Foster Plaza V, 651 Holiday Dr – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 922-1651 – View Map
- Ron Dunn Insurance Agency, LLC
124 Ingram Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 922-1126 – View Map
- Insurance Consultants Of Pittsburgh
300 Mt Lebanon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 344-2800 – View Map
If you get positive responses to any questions you have as well as low cost Acura RLX insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Pennsylvania car insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from a good quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Pittsburgh. The company ratings listed below may help you pick which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
When getting Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
We just presented some good ideas how you can lower your Acura RLX insurance car insurance rates in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Lower-priced Acura RLX insurance in Pittsburgh is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Pittsburgh, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Active Military in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)