A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of insureds have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Pennsylvania insurance shoppers could save an average of almost 55% each year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to compare other rate quotes.
The best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Pennsylvania.
- Try to understand how your policy works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on ZDX insurance. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques presented in this article. Buying affordable insurance in Pittsburgh is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania consumers benefit from understanding how insurance companies market insurance on the web and use it to your advantage.
Check for these discounts on Acura ZDX insurance in Pittsburgh
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Memberships – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new ZDX can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Acura ZDX insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, driver’s education, good student, defensive driving training, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driving, and family plan.
- GEICO has savings for good student, anti-lock brakes, air bags, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts including teen driver, homeowners, early bird, good student, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
Double check with all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to view insurers that offer some of these discounts in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding more affordable rates. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so you also need to get rates from them as well.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Acura ZDX coverage statistics
The premium information displayed next covers detailed analysis of rate quotes for Acura ZDX models. Having insight into how car insurance prices are established can aid in making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$384||$798||$398||$24||$120||$1,724||$144|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$384||$904||$398||$24||$120||$1,830||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific location which can alter premiums noticeably.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Acura ZDX insurance prices for different age groups. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents increase Acura ZDX auto insurance rates for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does my Acura ZDX need full coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A small number of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Pittsburgh who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork because prices are sent immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Pennsylvania?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How long has their agency been open in Pittsburgh?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Pittsburgh who may provide you with price quote information.
Darla Zeli – State Farm Insurance Agent
2513 E Carson St – Pittsburgh, PA 15203 – (412) 431-7166 – View Map
Eric Morris – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15209 – (412) 821-0225 – View Map
Steve Heller – State Farm Insurance Agent
146 Forest Hills Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 824-4800 – View Map
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you include multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below are independent agencies in Pittsburgh that are able to give price quotes.
McElhinny Insurance Agency LLC
5624 Brownsville Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15236 – (412) 650-5700 – View Map
Kartsonas Agency, Inc.
421 Cochran Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (412) 563-5900 – View Map
Feeney Insurance Agency
1350 Old Freeport Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15238 – (412) 963-8850 – View Map
What is the best auto insurance company in Pittsburgh?
Finding the best car insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Pittsburgh. The ranking data below could help you decide which car insurance companies to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Erie Insurance
You can find cheap coverage
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Some insurance providers may not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Lower-priced Acura ZDX insurance in Pittsburgh can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We just showed you a lot of ways to lower your Acura ZDX insurance premium rates in Pittsburgh. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Acura ZDX rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)