Did budget coverage turn out to be an overpriced car insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because there are many Pittsburgh drivers thinking the same thing.
It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who perform rate comparisons will most likely switch car insurance companies because the odds are good of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who compared rates regularly saved as much as $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for Audi A5 insurance is your ultimate target, then learning about how to find companies and compare insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
How to find cheaper rates for Audi A5 insurance in Pittsburgh
The best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. Once received, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Due to the large number of options for buying affordable insurance for an Audi A5 in Pittsburgh, it can be challenging to choose a more affordable car insurance provider.
Affordable companies for Audi A5 insurance
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To buy cheap auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Data for Audi A5 insurance
The rate information shown next outlines estimates of insurance costs for Audi A5 models. Having a better understanding of how policy rates are determined can be valuable when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$200||$390||$264||$16||$78||$948||$79|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$200||$390||$264||$16||$78||$948||$79|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$200||$440||$264||$16||$78||$998||$83|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$200||$440||$264||$16||$78||$998||$83|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$200||$440||$264||$16||$78||$998||$83|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$200||$440||$310||$18||$92||$1,060||$88|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$200||$440||$310||$18||$92||$1,060||$88|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$440||$264||$16||$78||$1,018||$85|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$220||$440||$310||$18||$92||$1,080||$90|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$220||$440||$310||$18||$92||$1,080||$90|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$492||$264||$16||$78||$1,070||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can affect prices greatly.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Audi A5 insurance premiums for each different age category. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Audi A5 insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Audi A5 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Don’t overlook these Audi A5 insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper A5 insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Telematics Discount – Pittsburgh drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to look at where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below shows the difference between Audi A5 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above include:
If you want affordable Audi A5 insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your state. For a list of providers that offer discounts in Pittsburgh, follow this link.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that are used to determine car insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower rates.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Many insurers allow better rates to policyholders that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to save more without the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Good drivers pay less – How you drive has a big impact on rates. Getting just one speeding ticket may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims raise Audi A5 insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Experienced drivers save more – Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Drivers with little experience are proven to get distracted easily when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Claims statistics for an Audi A5 – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Audi A5 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Audi A5 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A5 2dr 4WD 196 92 140 73 83 100 Audi A5 Convertible 4WD 147 73 140 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but still have a neighborhood Pittsburgh auto insurance agent
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Pittsburgh?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
If you need to find a local Pittsburgh insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Pittsburgh can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to check rates from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a list of independent agents in Pittsburgh who can help you get comparison quotes.
Shop around and save
Cheaper Audi A5 insurance in Pittsburgh is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Pittsburgh agents, so you need to shop Pittsburgh car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding cheaper Audi A5 insurance in Pittsburgh
Really, the only way to get budget Audi A5 insurance in Pittsburgh is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Pennsylvania.
- First, try to comprehend how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Pittsburgh. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This ensures an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for College Students in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much is Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)