If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Pittsburgh.
- Try to understand how your policy works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for additional ideas to help keep prices low and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies. View companies
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Pittsburgh. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
A recent insurance study revealed that over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Pennsylvania being $1,400, drivers could pocket 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Save money on Audi Q3 insurance in Pittsburgh with these nine discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application over the internet.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a course in defensive driving is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount should help lower the cost of coverage.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for good student, business and professional, homeowner, multi-car, and alternative fuel.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, student away at school, passive restraint, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, new move discount, and newly retired.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
When quoting, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To view insurance companies who offer discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
How to lower your Audi Q3 insurance cost in Pittsburgh
Many insurance companies allow you to get insurance quotes from their websites. Getting online quotes for Audi Q3 insurance in Pittsburgh is easy for anyone as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their rating system collects your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted.
Getting online rate quotes for Audi Q3 insurance in Pittsburgh streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to do this in order to find a better rate.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
When to have guidance from an agent
A small number of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What company do they have the most business with?
The following are Pittsburgh insurers that can give you price quotes for Audi Q3 insurance in Pittsburgh.
- George O’Korn – State Farm Insurance Agent
4486 Steubenville Pike – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 921-1182 – View Map
- Michael Dear State Farm
2632 Brownsville Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15227 – (412) 884-9700 – View Map
- Zikos Insurance
Two Chatham Center, Suite 1060, 112 Washington Pl – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 391-3464 – View Map
- Danielle Howard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1500 Ardmore Blvd Ste 403 – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 351-3305 – View Map
Three reasons to insure your Audi vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi Q3 insurance, auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Audi with a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like loss of income, pain and suffering and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. Pennsylvania requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The next chart shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from flooding, vandalism, hitting a bird, hail damage and falling objects. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Audi Q3.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Q3 to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and doctor visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Be persistent and save
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests or denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
You just learned a lot of tips how to shop for Audi Q3 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pittsburgh Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)