Are you drained from scraping nickels together each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other drivers in Pennsylvania.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around once a year are very likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best price on Audi S8 insurance in Pittsburgh is your goal, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
Popular companies such as GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
You need to get comparison quotes quite often because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best price on Audi S8 insurance in Pittsburgh at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to find great coverage at a great price.
Low cost Audi S8 insurance prices in Pittsburgh
When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes will enable you to find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company does price estimates online, so you need to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Pennsylvania
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Audi S8 with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap Audi S8 insurance quotes in Pittsburgh
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all discounts very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Pittsburgh car insurance online.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching to them early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Club Memberships – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Pennsylvania, click here.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A small number of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Pittsburgh.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Listed below is a list of insurance companies in Pittsburgh who can help you get price quote information for Audi S8 insurance in Pittsburgh.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a bird, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your S8 resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your S8 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, court costs, legal defense fees and medical services. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Pennsylvania state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Audi S8.
Due to the fact that many Pennsylvania drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for things like doctor visits, prosthetic devices, nursing services, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
In the end, you can save money
We just presented many tips how you can reduce Audi S8 insurance car insurance rates online in Pittsburgh. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Pittsburgh car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced Audi S8 insurance in Pittsburgh is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Pittsburgh insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with local independent agents.
How to buy cheaper Audi S8 insurance in Pittsburgh
The preferred way to find cheaper Audi S8 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Pittsburgh. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important note is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)