Finding the cheapest insurance for an Audi A7 in Pennsylvania can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to save time. There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Audi and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Pittsburgh agents.
Locating the best rates in Pittsburgh can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are already insured or need a new policy, use these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance while maximizing coverage. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to compare rate quotes instantly.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less could be rewarded with lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers are able to get reduced rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the premium cost.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Travelers offers discounts including good student, new car, home ownership, IntelliDrive, driver training, and save driver.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, homeowners, automatic seat belts, teen driver, good student, and early bird.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, driver training, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, air bags, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for safe driver, anti-theft, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, good student, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state. To view insurance companies who offer free Audi A7 insurance quotes in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Four Things That Determine Your Insurance Prices
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help determine your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
Battle of the sexes – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. They both get in accidents in similar numbers, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
Don’t skimp on liability – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for an accident. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Audi A7 is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
Avoid auto insurance policy lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time.
Audi A7 claim statistics – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine prices. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the historical loss data for Audi A7 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A7 4dr 4WD||207||76||208||50||49||76|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh that provide free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What companies can they write with?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How long has their agency been open in Pittsburgh?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When finding an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Pittsburgh agents are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both sell insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Pittsburgh exclusive agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- George O’Korn – State Farm Insurance Agent
4486 Steubenville Pike – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 921-1182 – View Map
- Carolyn Dorsey – State Farm Insurance Agent
5901 Baum Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15206 – (412) 361-8000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Bianco
1154 Freeport Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15238 – (412) 967-7655 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh willing to provide price quotes.
- Riley Insurance
2544 Library Rd # 205 – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 563-2390 – View Map
- McIlrath Insurance Agency
4601 Clairton Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15236 – (412) 882-9000 – View Map
- James L Smith Insurance Agency Inc
304 Cochran Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
Once you have received good feedback to any questions you have as well as inexpensive Audi A7 insurance in Pittsburgh quotes, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that you have the power to terminate coverage whenever you want so don’t feel you are locked into any particular company for any length of time.
Car insurance in Pennsylvania serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance is mandatory in Pennsylvania but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Audi, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Audi A7 but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Pennsylvania is wasting up to $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to save money.
Smart consumers save more
As you quote Pittsburgh auto insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced Audi A7 insurance in Pittsburgh can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding discount Audi A7 insurance in Pittsburgh
The best way we recommend to save money on Audi A7 insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who can sell car insurance in Pittsburgh.
- First, take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper A7 coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This enables a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)