If you are new to online insurance, most likely you are overwhelmed because of the huge number of online insurance companies and websites who claim to have the best insurance rates.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates are likely to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance in Pittsburgh is your objective, then knowing how to compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
If you have coverage now, you will be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using these techniques. Our goal in writing this article let you in on the best ways to compare prices and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania drivers must comprehend the way companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is give them some information including if you are currently licensed, if the vehicle is leased, how many miles driven, and an estimate of your credit level. That rating information is then submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Pittsburgh.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To locate cheap car insurance in PA, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate information shown below covers different insurance coverage prices for Toyota FJ Cruiser models. Having insight into how auto insurance premiums are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FJ Cruiser 2WD||$212||$262||$340||$20||$102||$936||$78|
|FJ Cruiser 4WD||$236||$262||$340||$20||$102||$960||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise premiums noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Toyota FJ Cruiser premium costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Get cheaper rates by applying discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could qualify for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current FJ Cruiser insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and safe driver.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, good driver, accident-free
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, air bags, multi-vehicle, good driver, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, good student, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Pittsburgh. To see providers that offer some of these discounts in Pittsburgh, click this link.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Pennsylvania but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your FJ Cruiser has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Pennsylvania is overpaying over $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Pennsylvania car insurance companies
Choosing the best auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Pittsburgh. The company ratings shown next may help you select which insurers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Shop online but buy locally
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Pittsburgh that give free quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an company should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How long has their agency been open in Pittsburgh?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Types of car insurance agents
When searching for a good Pittsburgh insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance agencies are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents of this type can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Pittsburgh exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Steve Heller – State Farm Insurance Agent
146 Forest Hills Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 824-4800 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Bianco
1154 Freeport Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15238 – (412) 967-7655 – View Map
- David Masters – State Farm Insurance Agent
1900 Murray Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 422-1616 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Pittsburgh independent agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Crawford Insurance Agency
11743 Frankstown Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15235 – (412) 244-8888 – View Map
- Nalley Insurance Agency LLC
3349 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 366-5223 – View Map
- Casper Insurance Agency, Inc.
611 Mt Royal Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15223 – (412) 486-9200 – View Map