If you want to save the most money, the best way to save on car insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who sell insurance in Pennsylvania. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional tips to help reduce prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Unfortunately, most drivers in Pennsylvania kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. U.S. insurance shoppers could save as much as $859 every year just by shopping around, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around.
Companies offering Buick Park Avenue insurance in Pennsylvania
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Pittsburgh, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Pittsburgh insurance discounts for a Buick Park Avenue
Some providers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Pittsburgh auto insurance quote compared to frequent claim filers.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- American Family has discounts for accident-free, early bird, air bags, TimeAway discount, and mySafetyValet.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, defensive driving training, good driver, multiple policy, driver’s education, and accident-free.
- Travelers includes discounts for home ownership, good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, and early quote.
- The Hartford discounts include anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, anti-theft, federal employee, driver training, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to view insurers who offer free Buick Park Avenue insurance quotes in Pittsburgh, click here.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- What if I total my Buick Park Avenue and owe more than it’s worth?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Pittsburgh who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Where would glass claims be handled in Pittsburgh?
- How are claims handled?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local Pittsburgh agents, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Pittsburgh can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand how they are different since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Pittsburgh that can give you price quote information.
- Steve Long – State Farm Insurance Agent
2830 W Liberty Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 531-5600 – View Map
- Darlene Shelton-Lamot – State Farm Insurance Agent
911 Western Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15233 – (412) 322-1064 – View Map
- Paul Lukitsch – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Fleet St #100 – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 921-2008 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh willing to provide rate quotes.
- A For the People Insurance Agency, Inc.
2514 Wylie Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 621-5581 – View Map
- Kelly Insurance Group
700 River Ave # 433 – Pittsburgh, PA 15212 – (412) 325-1650 – View Map
- MADIA INSURANCE AGENCY INC
9370 McKnight Rd #300A – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 367-9200 – View Map
If you receive good responses to your questions and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is professional and can properly service your car insurance policy.
Cheaper coverage is out there
Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Buick Park Avenue insurance in Pittsburgh can be found on the web and with local Pittsburgh insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to lower your Buick Park Avenue insurance prices in Pittsburgh. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)