The best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who sell insurance in Pittsburgh. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a low credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives more information to get cheaper coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are inclined to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Pittsburgh is the reason you’re reading this, learning the best way to compare car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Finding and comparing cheaper auto insurance coverage in Pittsburgh is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just have to know the best way to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Pittsburgh
Many things are used when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the things companies use to determine your premiums.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Most companies allow discounts to buyers that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Less chance of injury means lower premiums – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Buick Regal has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
High credit score translates to low prices – Credit rating factor in determining what you pay. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Regal by spending a little time repairing your credit.
File car insurance claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania provide discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Buick Regal insurance loss probability – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when setting premium prices. Models that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the loss history for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
One last thing about your coverage
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims or denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective Buick Regal insurance is attainable on the web and with local Pittsburgh insurance agents, so get free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)