Did budget coverage turn out to be an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many people just like you.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who compare other rates are very likely to switch insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a policy with better rates. A study showed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is why you’re here, then learning about how to find companies and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
How to find cheaper quotes for Cadillac CTS-V insurance in Pittsburgh
The recommended way to save money on Cadillac CTS-V insurance in Pittsburgh is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, read about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many things that cause rate increases like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Having so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be challenging to locate a more affordable insurance company.
The goal of this article is to tell you the best methods to compare rates and how you can save the most money. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. But Pennsylvania vehicle owners must know the methods companies use to set your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
Cadillac CTS-V coverage statistics
The premium table shown below highlights a range of coverage prices for Cadillac CTS-V models. Understanding how insurance prices are figured is important for you to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in Pittsburgh location which can revise prices noticeably.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Cadillac CTS-V insurance rates for different age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Cadillac CTS-V Insurance
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in cheaper rates.
The items below are most of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Never let your policy lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania DMV.
- Poor credit can mean higher prices – Having a good credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit rating could use some work, you could save money insuring your Cadillac CTS-V by spending a little time repairing your credit. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
- Too many insurance claims will drive rates up – If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania award most affordable rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Cheaper auto insurance rates with safer cars – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
Performance impacts rates – The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates are usually found on economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following chart is based on a married male driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Cadillac CTS-V insurance rates compared to other models that have different risk factors.
Teenagers are high risk – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance losses for a Cadillac CTS-V – Insurers use past insurance losses when setting rates for each model. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Cadillac CTS-V vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Cadillac CTS-V Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac CTS-V 2dr 174 74 135BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
We just presented many tips how you can lower your Cadillac CTS-V insurance premium rates in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you quote Pittsburgh car insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Budget-friendly insurance in Pittsburgh can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, so get free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
How to save on Cadillac CTS-V insurance in Pittsburgh
The best way to find lower priced Cadillac CTS-V insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Pittsburgh. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a low credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is that you use similar coverage information on each quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)