It’s hard to fathom, but 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in America could save themselves 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Really, the only way to get more affordable Cadillac XLR insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for the details to prevent rate hikes and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Our objective is to introduce you to how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the following tips. Vehicle owners only have to learn the quickest method to shop for car insurance instantly.
All major car insurance companies give price estimates online. Getting Cadillac XLR insurance prices online doesn’t take much effort as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on these and other factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Cadillac XLR insurance in Pittsburgh makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to find a lower rate.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in your coverages just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will receive a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Pennsylvania. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Pittsburgh, PA, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Get discounts on Pittsburgh auto insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers could receive better auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their insurance company to monitor driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, military active duty, good student, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-policy, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, and driver training.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, multi-policy, easy pay, business or organization, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include early shopping, homeowner, pay in full, multi-car, and teen driver.
- Esurance discounts include claim free, paid-in-full, Switch & Save, defensive driver, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, and good driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, accident-free, good student, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, anti-theft, annual mileage, good driver, and professional/association.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available everywhere.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Cadillac in Pittsburgh, insuring your vehicle is required in Pennsylvania but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your XLR, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Pennsylvania is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance can get complicated
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Who is covered when they drive my Cadillac XLR?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Buying auto insurance from Pittsburgh insurance agencies
Some people prefer to sit down with an agent. Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agents is still important in Pittsburgh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Pittsburgh that can give you free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to do any legwork as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you are wanting to find local Pittsburgh agents, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to contact a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Barry Lumsden
600 Grant St – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 415-1954 – View Map
- Brown Insurance Agency
5001 Baum Blvd #515 – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 681-7114 – View Map
- Casper Insurance Agency, Inc.
611 Mt Royal Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15223 – (412) 486-9200 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Pittsburgh who can help you get price quote information.
- Darla Zeli – State Farm Insurance Agent
2513 E Carson St – Pittsburgh, PA 15203 – (412) 431-7166 – View Map
- Jack Dumbaugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1236 Grove Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 884-8100 – View Map
- Lindsay Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
300 Cedar Blvd #205 – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (412) 344-3030 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?