If you want to save the most money, the best way to get discount Jeep Commander insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Pittsburgh.
- Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that increase rates such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives additional tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find additional discounts.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
An important note is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop rates annually are inclined to move their business because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey discovered that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving money on Jeep Commander insurance in Pittsburgh is your intention, then having a grasp of the best ways to shop for car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you currently have insurance, you will surely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the techniques covered below. Finding quotes for the cheapest coverage in Pittsburgh is not as time-consuming as you think. Although Pennsylvania drivers do need to understand the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
The best way we recommend to compare policy rates for Jeep Commander insurance in Pittsburgh is to know the fact most of the larger companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like types of safety features, deductibles desired, if the car is leased, and if a SR-22 is required. Your information is submitted instantly to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To check rates for your car now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Jeep Commander detailed coverage information
The rate table shown below covers a range of rate quotes for Jeep Commander models. Having knowledge of how policy premiums are established can help customers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Commander Sport 2WD||$274||$502||$372||$22||$112||$1,282||$107|
|Commander Sport 4WD||$274||$590||$372||$22||$112||$1,370||$114|
|Commander Limited 2WD||$306||$590||$372||$22||$112||$1,402||$117|
|Commander Limited 4WD||$306||$590||$372||$22||$112||$1,402||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease coverage rates greatly.
Jeep Commander liability rates compared to full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of Jeep Commander insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no written rule of when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jeep Commander replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $400 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Protect more than your Jeep vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Commander in Pittsburgh, insurance is mandatory in Pennsylvania but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Commander has a lienholder, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jeep at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Five Things That Determine Your Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
The following are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
More traffic means higher claims – Living in less populated areas has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. City drivers tend to have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Lower prices with theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Avoid tickets and save – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Having just one citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received severe tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can impact Jeep Commander insurance rates for each age group. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Extra coverages you don’t use – There are many extra coverages that can waste your money on your car insurance policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Consider raising deductibles – Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your Jeep from damage. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Best auto insurance company in Pittsburgh
Buying coverage from the highest-rated auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Pennsylvania. The ranking information below can help you choose which coverage providers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Insurance savings summarized
Discount Jeep Commander insurance in Pittsburgh can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered a lot of ways to lower your Jeep Commander insurance car insurance rates in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Jeep Commander insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Much more information about insurance in Pennsylvania is available below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)