Statistics show that a large majority of drivers in Pennsylvania have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Many consumers in America could save almost $859 a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest Kia Niro insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Pittsburgh. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Try to understand how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic citations and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- File claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania give better rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Where you live plays a part – Being located in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your auto insurance coverage correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Niro is just wasting money.
- Avoid auto insurance lapses – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The type of vehicle you own makes a big difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance will provide protection when you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Vehicle options impact auto insurance rates – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
Pennsylvania car insurance company ratings
Finding the right insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Pennsylvania. The information in the next section could help you select which coverage providers to look at putting your business with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Insurance savings summarized
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Kia Niro insurance in Pittsburgh. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Low-cost Kia Niro insurance in Pittsburgh can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Pittsburgh auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Used Cars in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)