Shockingly, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in America could save as much as $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to compare prices regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Pennsylvania.
- First, gain an understanding of car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations and a low credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides tips to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Pittsburgh. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Comparison shopping for the most affordable insurance coverage in Pittsburgh is easy to do. Just about anyone who needs cheaper insurance most likely will be able to reduce their rates. But Pennsylvania car owners should learn the way companies calculate your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Low Cost companies for Volvo S60 insurance in Pennsylvania
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Pennsylvania, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Determine discounts on Pittsburgh insurance
Companies don’t always publicize every discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Pittsburgh auto insurance quote.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Pittsburgh may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Pittsburgh may earn a discount on your next insurance statement.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-theft, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- USAA has savings for new vehicle, multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, annual mileage, multi-policy, good student, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, accident-free, air bags, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including electronic funds transfer, multi-car, mature driver, alternative fuel, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good driver, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view providers who offer online Volvo S60 insurance quotes in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What happens if I owe more than my Volvo S60 is worth?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Buying from insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local. And providing support for local insurance agencies is definitely important in Pittsburgh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Pittsburgh that can provide free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Ratings for Pittsburgh auto insurance companies
Ending up with a high-quality insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Pittsburgh. The company ratings below could help you choose which companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Erie Insurance
Smart shoppers get results
You just read quite a bit of information on how to compare Volvo S60 insurance auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Volvo S60 insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Lower-priced car insurance in Pittsburgh can be sourced online in addition to many Pittsburgh insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)