Being forced to pay for overpriced auto insurance premiums can take a big chunk out of your bank account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparison shopping is a smart way to tighten up your finances.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that people who routinely compared rates saved on average $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Pittsburgh is your ultimate target, then having some insight into how to shop and compare coverages can make the process less intimidating.
Steps to finding discount Cadillac CTS insurance in Pittsburgh
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Cadillac CTS insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Pittsburgh. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Pittsburgh. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the absolute best price available on Cadillac CTS insurance in Pittsburgh.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best premium rates on Cadillac CTS insurance in Pittsburgh at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance. Not every company does price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. To locate cheaper auto insurance in PA, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when getting a Pittsburgh auto insurance quote.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current CTS insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will positively reduce the premium cost.
The illustration below shows the difference between Cadillac CTS auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, military active duty, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good student, multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, type of vehicle, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include youthful driver, bundle discounts, teen driver, business and professional, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for paperless, student away at school, teen driver, good student, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including hybrid vehicle, newly married, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including drive less, homeowner, teen safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and accident prevention training.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA offers discounts for family discount, annual mileage, safe driver, new vehicle, multi-policy, and vehicle storage.
If you need the cheapest Cadillac CTS rate quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Pittsburgh. For a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Pittsburgh, click here to view.
Cadillac CTS coverage statistics
The rate table shown next covers estimates of insurance costs for Cadillac CTS models. Learning a little about how premiums are determined can help you make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CTS Luxury AWD||$246||$570||$346||$20||$104||$1,286||$107|
|CTS Performance AWD||$246||$570||$346||$20||$104||$1,286||$107|
|CTS Premium AWD||$276||$570||$346||$20||$104||$1,316||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific Pittsburgh garaging location which can revise premiums noticeably.
Local agents and insurance
Many people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh that can provide free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How long has their agency been in business in Pittsburgh?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Pittsburgh?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
If you want to buy insurance from a good Pittsburgh insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Pittsburgh exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Mike Dudenas – State Farm Insurance Agent
901 Castle Shannon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 561-5012 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Pittsburgh who can help you get rate quotes.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Is your car built for speed? – The type of vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart assumes a single female driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Cadillac CTS car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
- You may save more by bundling policies – Lots of companies provide discounts to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare other Pittsburgh CTS insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Improve your credit score and save – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Cadillac CTS by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit ratings.
- Liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Better drivers pay less – Even one citation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking citations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can impact Cadillac CTS auto insurance rates for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Five star crash test rating saves money – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums. If your Cadillac CTS scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Males pay higher premiums – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men have accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Cadillac CTS auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance losses for a Cadillac CTS – Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Cadillac CTS vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Cadillac CTS Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac CTS 4dr 2WD 123 72 118 73 Cadillac CTS 4dr 4WD 127 75 98 75 Cadillac CTS-V 2dr 174 74 135BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Cadillac CTS in Pittsburgh, paying for auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Cadillac for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your CTS are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Pittsburgh is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Persistence pays off
Affordable Cadillac CTS insurance in Pittsburgh can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
You just learned some good ideas how you can compare Cadillac CTS insurance rates in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. Smaller companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
How to buy affordable Cadillac CTS insurance in Pittsburgh
The most effective way to find lower priced Cadillac CTS insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Pittsburgh.
First, read about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper CTS coverage is available in Pittsburgh. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)