The preferred way to find lower priced GMC Acadia insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Pittsburgh.
- Try to comprehend how insurance works and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives ideas to find cheap prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Acadia insurance in Pittsburgh. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Sad but true, most consumers in Pennsylvania have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could pocket $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes.
Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes increases the chance that you will find a better price. Some regional insurers cannot provide Pittsburgh Acadia insurance quotes online, so you should also compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To locate cheap car insurance in Pittsburgh, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Coverage statistics and figures
The rate information below showcases estimates of rate quotes for GMC Acadia models. Being more informed about how car insurance premiums are determined can help you make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$224||$386||$340||$20||$102||$1,072||$89|
|Acadia SL AWD||$258||$386||$340||$20||$102||$1,106||$92|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$258||$386||$340||$20||$102||$1,106||$92|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$258||$470||$340||$20||$102||$1,190||$99|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$258||$470||$340||$20||$102||$1,190||$99|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$290||$470||$340||$20||$102||$1,222||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in Pittsburgh location which can revise auto insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can change GMC Acadia insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The information below visualizes the comparison of GMC Acadia insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance policy discounts for GMC Acadia insurance in Pittsburgh
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Pittsburgh without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between GMC Acadia insurance prices with and without discounts applied. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
To view insurance companies who offer discounts in Pittsburgh, follow this link.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of GMC Acadia insurance, paying for auto insurance is required in Pennsylvania but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your GMC at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your GMC Acadia. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Pennsylvania is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to save money.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is my GMC Acadia covered for smoke damage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my GMC Acadia to commute?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare prices but still have a local Pittsburgh insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Pittsburgh.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Below are agents in Pittsburgh that may be willing to give price quotes for GMC Acadia insurance in Pittsburgh.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Pittsburgh?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?