Sad but true, nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by up to 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount Lexus RX 350 insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. Once received, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to remember is to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to compare every company you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
This article’s intent is to familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and how to save the most money. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using this strategy. But Pennsylvania drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Best companies for low-cost Lexus RX 350 insurance in Pennsylvania
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in PA, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Facts and figures for Lexus RX 350 insurance
The premium information shown next covers different prices for Lexus RX 350 models. Having insight into how insurance policy premiums are determined is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 350 2WD||$288||$576||$502||$30||$150||$1,546||$129|
|RX 350 4WD||$288||$576||$502||$30||$150||$1,546||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower insurance rates substantially.
How careless driving impacts Pittsburgh auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents increase Lexus RX 350 car insurance costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below compares Lexus RX 350 premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
For a list of auto insurance companies with discount rates in Pittsburgh, follow this link.
What Affects Lexus RX 350 Insurance Rates?
Lots of factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or your commute time. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
The following are some of the things car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Occupation stress can affect rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as fire fighters, executives, and accountants tend to have the highest rates attributed to job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, careers such as actors, historians and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Small claims can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania award lower rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Get cheaper rates if you’re married – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more stable financially and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a lot of additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Insurance losses for a Lexus RX 350 – Companies analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have increased rates. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Lexus RX 350 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Lexus RX 350 Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus RX 350 4dr 2WD 111 96 91 72 97 88 Lexus RX 350 4dr 4WD 122 99 112 83 75 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When it comes to buying your policy, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important especially in Pittsburgh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you’re trying to find a local Pittsburgh insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh that may be able to provide price quote information.
- Kartsonas Agency, Inc.
421 Cochran Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (412) 563-5900 – View Map
- T.W. Butts Insurance Agency
4893 Campbells Run Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 787-7800 – View Map
- The Dowd Insurance Agency
998 Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the brand rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Pittsburgh who can help you get rate quotes.
- Darlene Shelton-Lamot – State Farm Insurance Agent
911 Western Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15233 – (412) 322-1064 – View Map
- David Masters – State Farm Insurance Agent
1900 Murray Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 422-1616 – View Map
- Eric Morris – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15209 – (412) 821-0225 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If they are an independent agency in Pittsburgh, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Pittsburgh?
Ratings for Pennsylvania car insurance companies
Choosing the top auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Pennsylvania. The company rank data shown below can help you pick which car insurance providers to look at purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Quote. Compare. Save.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone dropped full coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
More affordable auto insurance in Pittsburgh is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Pittsburgh, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)