If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Pittsburgh is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who provide auto insurance in Pennsylvania.
- Get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and your credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides tips to help keep rates affordable and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. As soon as you can, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
A recent car insurance study revealed that almost 70% of insureds kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in Pittsburgh could save approximately 55% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they switched.
Locating the lowest cost insurance in Pittsburgh is quite easy. If you are already insured or just want a better rate, use these techniques to cut your premiums and still have adequate protection. Drivers just have to understand the tricks to shop for insurance from many different companies online.
Best Mitsubishi Raider insurance price quotes in Pennsylvania
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data submission to analyze where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
Remember that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Companies that may include most of these discounts include:
When quoting, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be available in Pittsburgh. For a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Pennsylvania, click here.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Pittsburgh insurance agents?
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Pittsburgh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Pittsburgh may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they can write business amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below are Pittsburgh independent agents who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- McGroarty and Bradburn Insurance
4175 Steubenville Pike – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 444-4470 – View Map
- Crawford Insurance Agency
11743 Frankstown Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15235 – (412) 244-8888 – View Map
- Zikos Insurance
Two Chatham Center, Suite 1060, 112 Washington Pl – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 391-3464 – View Map
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Pittsburgh exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Jack Dumbaugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1236 Grove Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 884-8100 – View Map
- Mike Newell – State Farm Insurance Agent
4772 Liberty Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15224 – (412) 621-0600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Bianco
1154 Freeport Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15238 – (412) 967-7655 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Pittsburgh?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Upon getting positive responses and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can provide car insurance coverage. But remember, policyholders can terminate your policy whenever you want so never assume that you are obligated to a specific company with no way to switch.
Best car insurance company in Pittsburgh
Choosing a good quality auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Pennsylvania. The rank data shown next may help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Erie Insurance
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage pays for damage to your Raider caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Raider to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Pennsylvania drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Pennsylvania limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like loss of income, medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Pennsylvania state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like hospital visits, doctor visits, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Pittsburgh can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Pittsburgh agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium or even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.
You just learned a lot of techniques to get a better price on Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Pittsburgh. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Mitsubishi Raider insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pittsburgh Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)