The best way to get discount Chevy Spark EV insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Pittsburgh. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, try to understand what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like careless driving and a poor credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for information to get cheaper coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Make sure you place the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Pennsylvania could pocket up to 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Pittsburgh
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Spark EV insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes online.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Pittsburgh can save you money because it demonstrates responsibility.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for teen driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, theft prevention, air bags, homeowners, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, safe vehicle, anti-theft, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide may include discounts for family plan, easy pay, business or organization, defensive driving, accident-free, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance offers discounts including online shopper, safety device, anti-theft, good driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, and claim free.
- The Hartford has savings for driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, and good student.
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not apply in every state. To view providers that offer the discounts shown above in Pittsburgh, click here.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine rates.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have severe violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Vehicles with better crash test results lower rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
- Married people drive safer – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse means you’re more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Do you really need to file those insurance claims? – Insurance companies in Pennsylvania generally give cheaper rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Pittsburgh auto insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Pittsburgh should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does their agency support local causes in Pittsburgh?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How many years have they been established?
If you need to find a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types can provide insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Pittsburgh who may provide you with rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
9026 St Simon Way – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 364-7170 – View Map
- Joy Capozzi – State Farm Insurance Agent
3111 Banksville Rd #207 – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 344-3014 – View Map
- Steve Heller – State Farm Insurance Agent
146 Forest Hills Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 824-4800 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to get quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Pittsburgh that can give you price quotes.
- Kartsonas Agency, Inc.
421 Cochran Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (412) 563-5900 – View Map
- McElhinny Insurance Agency LLC
5624 Brownsville Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15236 – (412) 650-5700 – View Map
- Murray Insurance Agency
1565 McFarland Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 561-1600 – View Map
If you get satisfactory answers and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly service your insurance policy.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Spark EV insurance, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Compare but don’t skimp
When searching for inexpensive Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to save on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Pittsburgh. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- How Much are Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)