Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of insureds have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Drivers in Pennsylvania could save as much as $690 each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Pittsburgh is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as distracted driving and a poor credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
The majority of larger companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get coverage price quotes online. Comparing prices online for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Pittsburgh doesn’t take much effort as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. When the form is submitted, the system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on many factors.
Using the web to get quotes for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Pittsburgh helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to get the cheapest price.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you will have comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Save with these premium slashing discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for signing up over the internet.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less may allow you to get substantially lower insurance rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children living away from Pittsburgh attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies that may offer most of the discounts above include:
If you want affordable Pittsburgh car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Pittsburgh. To locate insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Pittsburgh, click here.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in big savings. Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Driving citations are costly – Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even one chargeable violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. People who have serious violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Most larger insurers afford discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you still need to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Deter theft and reduce rates – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Get hitched and get cheaper rates – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your insurance bill. It means you’re more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people would rather talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Pittsburgh?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Pennsylvania?
If you want to buy insurance from a good Pittsburgh insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Pittsburgh agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Pittsburgh that are able to give rate quotes.
- Danielle Howard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1500 Ardmore Blvd Ste 403 – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 351-3305 – View Map
- Eric Morris – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15209 – (412) 821-0225 – View Map
- Jack Dumbaugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1236 Grove Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 884-8100 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, you will want to compare prices from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Pittsburgh independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- D Johnson Insurance Agency
12806 Frankstown Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15235 – (412) 744-4800 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Barry Lumsden
600 Grant St – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 415-1954 – View Map
- Spodek Insurance Agency, Inc.
4349 Murray Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 521-8600 – View Map
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Pennsylvania?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Smart shoppers get results
We’ve covered some good ideas how to shop for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional car insurance information can be read below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)