If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on BMW X1 insurance in Pittsburgh is to compare quotes once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Pennsylvania.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for more ideas to help reduce prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on X1 insurance in Pittsburgh. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates will presumably move their business because there is a good probability of finding a lower rate. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved approximately $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance in Pittsburgh is the reason for your visit, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Pittsburgh is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. But Pennsylvania vehicle owners must know how the larger insurance companies calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
There are several ways to obtain and compare prices from many different Pennsylvania insurance companies. The best way to find the cheapest BMW X1 insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, replaces the need to physically go to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing BMW X1 insurance rates online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the professional assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although, it is possible comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area. Just remember that comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If you want to find cheap car insurance in PA, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate BMW X1 Insurance Rates
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If the BMW X1 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Increase deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Low credit rating equals high costs – Credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit scores. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your BMW X1 by improving your rating.
- Performance impacts premiums – The performance of the car or truck you own makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women get in accidents in similar numbers, but males get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Getting married pays dividends – Being married may cut your premiums on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Where you call home is a factor – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated Pennsylvania areas have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Spending more time driving means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Most major companies will give better rates to insureds that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
BMW X1 claim data – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting rates for each model. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for BMW X1 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
BMW X1 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW X1 4dr 2WD 99 86 113 90 95 87 BMW X1 4dr 4WD 103 96 120 73 69 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a BMW X1 in Pittsburgh, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your X1, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your BMW at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your BMW. It will also cover many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Best auto insurance in Pittsburgh
Buying coverage from a high-quality company can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Pittsburgh. The ranking data in the next section can help you choose which companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Erie Insurance