It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who get price comparisons will most likely switch insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey discovered that drivers who shopped around every year saved on average $72 a month compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is your ultimate target, understanding how to find companies and compare insurance can make shopping around easier.
Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in Pittsburgh. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, try to comprehend auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Escalade EXT coverage is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if it has an alarm system, coverage limits, if you have an active license, and how many miles driven. Your details is then sent to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons immediately.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, PA, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Cadillac Escalade EXT in Pittsburgh, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac Escalade EXT has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Cadillac for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Escalade EXT outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Pittsburgh is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance rates and statistics
The data table shown below outlines a range of insurance premium costs for Cadillac Escalade EXT models. Being more informed about how insurance rates are figured helps drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade EXT 4WD||$370||$808||$372||$22||$112||$1,684||$140|
|Escalade EXT Luxury Edition 4WD||$370||$808||$372||$22||$112||$1,684||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location which can revise coverage rates considerably.
Cadillac Escalade EXT full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula of when to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Cadillac Escalade EXT replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Some companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Pittsburgh car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with some insurance companies.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below shows the comparison of Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Esurance may have discounts that include multi-car, claim free, good driver, safety device, emergency road assistance, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, driver training, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and good student.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Pittsburgh.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When selecting a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.