It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will presumably buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved on average $70 a month compared to those who never compared rates.
If saving money on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Pittsburgh is why you’re here, understanding the best way to compare insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Discounts for cheap insurance quotes
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount should help reduce the cost of your policy.
Auto insurance companies that may offer most of the discounts above are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be offered everywhere.
When comparison shopping, more quotes helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. To find the best auto insurance in Pittsburgh, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Pittsburgh.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents that provide free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Pittsburgh agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, you should always include price quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Pittsburgh that may be able to give free insurance quotes.
- The Dowd Insurance Agency
998 Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
- MADIA INSURANCE AGENCY INC
9370 McKnight Rd #300A – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 367-9200 – View Map
- Joe Vojtas Agency – ERIE Insurance
9800B McKnight Rd #226 – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 847-3743 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Pittsburgh who can help you get price quote information.
- Darla Zeli – State Farm Insurance Agent
2513 E Carson St – Pittsburgh, PA 15203 – (412) 431-7166 – View Map
- Steve Heller – State Farm Insurance Agent
146 Forest Hills Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 824-4800 – View Map
- Jack Dumbaugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1236 Grove Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 884-8100 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What companies can they write with?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Pittsburgh?
- How long has their agency been open in Pittsburgh?
One last thing to lower rates
Budget-conscious Chevy Bolt EV insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Pittsburgh, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just learned many tips how you can shop for Chevy Bolt EV insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More information can be read at the links below
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Used Cars in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Pittsburgh Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)