Do you need a fast way to compare more competitive Chevy Spark insurance in Pittsburgh? Are you kicking yourself for buying an expensive auto insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because there are a lot of people in Pittsburgh just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who compare rates once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $865 annually compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding low prices for insurance in Pittsburgh is the reason for your visit, then understanding the best way to compare coverages can save money and time. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the cheapest price on Chevy Spark insurance in Pittsburgh.
If you’re already insured or need a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Locating the best rates in Pittsburgh can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Smart shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to buy auto insurance on the web.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Pittsburgh, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Chevy Spark insurance discounts in Pittsburgh
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Pittsburgh auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Student in College – College-age children who are attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A few companies that may have some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
If you need affordable Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Pittsburgh. If you would like to view insurers with the best discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Pittsburgh car insurance agent
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Pittsburgh.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Types of auto insurance agents
When finding a good Pittsburgh insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in Pittsburgh can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, you will want to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Pittsburgh that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Pittsburgh that can give you price quotes.
Choosing an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Upon receiving reasonable responses to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance. Keep in mind it’s your policy and you can cancel your policy when you choose so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with the auto insurance policy for the full term.
Five factors that impact insurance premiums
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
Liability insurance is peace of mind – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Vehicle risk impacts prices – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest base rates are usually for lower cost passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Eliminate extra coverages – Insurance companies have many additional coverages you can purchase on your Spark policy. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
Maintain car insurance coverage – Not having insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Insurance rates for married couples – Getting married may earn you lower rates on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Chevy Spark and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced Chevy Spark insurance in Pittsburgh is possible both online and with local Pittsburgh insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just presented some good ideas how you can find affordable Chevy Spark insurance in Pittsburgh. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Chevy Spark insurance in Pittsburgh
The easiest way to find more affordable Chevy Spark insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Pittsburgh. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A key point to remember is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Additional car insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)