Feel like you have overpriced Dodge Stratus insurance in Pittsburgh? It’s a common feeling and many Pittsburgh drivers have buyer’s remorse.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who compare rates once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $865 annually compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is your ultimate goal, understanding how to compare insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
How to find the cheapest rates for Dodge Stratus insurance in Pittsburgh
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find discount Dodge Stratus insurance in Pittsburgh is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Pennsylvania.
- Read and learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides ideas to get affordable coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Because you have many online and local companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to choose a more affordable auto insurance provider.
Just remember that getting more free quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Pennsylvania. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in PA, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Pittsburgh, auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Stratus with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your Dodge Stratus and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Pennsylvania overpays more than $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Components of Your Dodge Stratus Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, towing, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Most larger insurers provide better rates to policyholders who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males are in fender benders at about the same rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Adjust physical damage deductibles and save – The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Premiums can be impacted by your occupation – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like judges, business owners, and medical professionals usually pay higher premium rates attributed to intense work-related stress and long work days. Other occupations like farmers, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Persistent drivers can save
The cheapest Dodge Stratus insurance in Pittsburgh can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We just covered many ways to save on Dodge Stratus insurance in Pittsburgh. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Dodge Stratus insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to buying discount Dodge Stratus insurance in Pittsburgh
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save on Dodge Stratus insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Pittsburgh. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to understand auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause high rates like speeding and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This provides a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)