It’s well known that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly Honda Accord insurance is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare insurance coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Honda Accord insurance in Pittsburgh is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Accord coverage is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This provides a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Pittsburgh is really quite easy. Smart shoppers just have to know the most efficient way to compare price quotes online.
Low cost Honda Accord insurance prices in Pittsburgh, PA
Cutting your insurance rates is not a difficult process. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes from some recommended companies.
It’s so easy to compare price quotes online that it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to local insurance agencies. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional assistance that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Pittsburgh, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Honda with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Honda gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Pittsburgh overpays more than $830 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Car insurance analysis for a Honda Accord
The rate information displayed next showcases detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Honda Accord models. Being aware of how insurance rates are determined can assist in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$284||$366||$22||$110||$988||$82|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$284||$366||$22||$110||$988||$82|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$284||$366||$22||$110||$988||$82|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$236||$408||$488||$28||$146||$1,306||$109|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$236||$408||$488||$28||$146||$1,306||$109|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$266||$408||$488||$28||$146||$1,336||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates significantly.
Impact of age and gender on car insurance rates
The diagram below compares Honda Accord auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Honda Accord insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to phase out physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Honda Accord settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Lower rate quotes on Honda Accord insurance in Pittsburgh with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small discount on rates.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower insurance rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children living away from Pittsburgh attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new Accord can be considerably cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
The example below shows the difference between Honda Accord car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Pittsburgh.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- If my Honda Accord is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
How to find a good Pennsylvania auto insurance company
Picking a good quality car insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Pittsburgh. The rank data in the next section can help you choose which companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies