Want a free price quotes on lower-priced Honda Clarity insurance in Pittsburgh? Are you a victim of overpriced Honda Clarity insurance in Pittsburgh? Believe me, you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop around will probably move their business because there is a great chance of finding discount prices. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving the most money on car insurance is your goal, understanding how to compare insurance premiums can help you be more efficient.
Steps to finding lower priced Honda Clarity insurance in Pittsburgh
Truthfully, the best way to find discount Honda Clarity insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Pittsburgh.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how your policy works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and poor credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for additional tips to help reduce premium rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to compare every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Lots of car insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the best rates possible on Honda Clarity insurance in Pittsburgh.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Honda Clarity insurance in Pittsburgh a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Check for these discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every available discount very well, so the list below details both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Pittsburgh car insurance online.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- College Student – Older children who are attending college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Pittsburgh car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount shop Pittsburgh car insurance online.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut your policy cost.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, defensive driving, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include teen driver, driver training, student driver, air bags, 55 and older, theft prevention, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford discounts include anti-theft, good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Pittsburgh. To see a list of companies who offer discounts in Pittsburgh, click here to view.
How to compare free Pittsburgh Honda Clarity insurance price quotes
When looking for the cheapest Honda Clarity rate quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from lots of Pennsylvania auto insurance companies. The easiest way by far to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, replaces the need to call or drive to local Pittsburgh insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you want the peace of mind that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. However, consumers can obtain prices from the web and get advice from an agent in your area. When price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps you find a better price. Not every company does online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Pennsylvania. In order to find cheap auto insurance in PA, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Learn How to Get Car Insurance for Less
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The make and model of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. The lowest premiums are for economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Gender and insurance – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. They both cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
Get better rates if married – Walking down the aisle actually saves money compared to being single. Having a spouse usually means you are more stable financially and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Many car insurance companies give better rates to clients that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Your location is important – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Safer vehicles save money – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Honda is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Improve your credit rating and save – Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Honda Clarity by repairing your credit. People that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
Compare rates but work with a local Pittsburgh insurance agency
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh that can provide free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer should depend on more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Pennsylvania?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents from which to choose. Car insurance agents in Pittsburgh can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Pittsburgh willing to provide price quote information.
Eric Morris – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15209 – (412) 821-0225 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Pittsburgh willing to provide price quote information.
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy. Just keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent with no way to switch.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Clarity, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Honda for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Honda. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to save money.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Budget-conscious Honda Clarity insurance is attainable both online and with local Pittsburgh insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read many tips how you can lower your Honda Clarity insurance prices in Pittsburgh. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Pittsburgh car insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
How to find cheaper rates for Honda Clarity insurance in Pittsburgh
Really, the only way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Pittsburgh.
- Read about coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations and a low credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to keep your new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)