Want a free price quotes on cheaper Kia K900 insurance in Pittsburgh? Are you intimidated by the sheer number of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? You’re not alone. You have so many companies available that it can really be hard work to find a cheaper company. Pittsburgh is a wonderful place to live, but getting gouged by high auto insurance rates makes it very hard to pay for enough auto insurance coverage.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Pittsburgh consumers could save an average of as much as 55% each year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons periodically since insurance prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Kia K900 insurance in Pittsburgh on your last policy you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of wrong information about K900 insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some good information on how to lower your auto insurance bill.
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Pennsylvania. To buy cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Get cheaper Kia K900 insurance rates in Pittsburgh
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total K900 insurance premium.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current K900 insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get better car insurance rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, teen driver, multi-car, mature driver, and business and professional.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, accident-free, good student, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for multi-car, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, multi-policy, and new vehicle discount.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
If you are trying to find affordable Kia K900 insurance quotes, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be offered in Pittsburgh.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent. And supporting small agencies is definitely important in Pittsburgh.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are searching for a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents in Pittsburgh can either be independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are Pittsburgh independent insurance agents who may provide free price quotes.
- J.S. Smith Insurance Agency
101 Bellevue Rd Suite 02 – Pittsburgh, PA 15229 – (412) 931-6070 – View Map
- A For the People Insurance Agency, Inc.
2514 Wylie Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 621-5581 – View Map
- Wagner Agency, Inc.
5020 Centre Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 681-2700 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Pittsburgh that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Paul Lukitsch – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Fleet St #100 – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 921-2008 – View Map
- Eric Morris – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15209 – (412) 821-0225 – View Map
- Corey Griffith – State Farm Insurance Agent
1143 S Braddock Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15218 – (412) 241-1178 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
If you get acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can always cancel a policy whenever you choose to so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency for a certain time period.
Quote Kia K900 Insurance at a Discount
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings. Lots of factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes most of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Better credit means lower prices – An insured’s credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit rating could use some work, you may save money insuring your Kia K900 if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with bad credit.
Youthful vs. older drivers – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teen drivers have been known to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Policy add-ons can waste money – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
Insurance rates in urban areas – Having an address in areas with lower population is a good thing when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Lower rates for married couples – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your auto insurance policy. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
File auto insurance claims and pay more – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania provide most affordable rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania DMV.
Rates increase with driving citations – Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Even one ticket may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received multiple violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia K900, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Kia for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to find a good Pittsburgh car insurance company
Ending up with a highly-rated insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Pennsylvania. The ranking data in the next section may help you decide which companies you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Car insurance savings summarized
Cheap Kia K900 insurance in Pittsburgh is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned a lot of ways to get a better price on Kia K900 insurance in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Kia K900 rate quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Kia K900 insurance in Pittsburgh
The preferred way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Pennsylvania.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as speeding and a poor credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper K900 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
An important part of this process is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for College Students in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)