We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who compare rates once a year are highly likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for Lincoln MKC insurance is your intention, then knowing the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
The most effective way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in Pittsburgh.
- Try to learn a little about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and a low credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for instructions to prevent high rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Don’t forget to store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
This information will introduce you to the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using these techniques. Although Pennsylvania drivers must learn the methods companies use to price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
Cheapest Lincoln insurance prices in Pittsburgh
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. To find cheaper auto insurance in Pittsburgh, PA, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- E-sign Discounts – Many companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Pittsburgh auto insurance quote as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to study vehicle usage remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Pittsburgh and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course in safe driver could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will cut the cost of your policy.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, passive restraint, anti-theft, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, good student, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, federal employee, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, anti-theft, homeowner, teen safe driver, multi-car, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your area. To see providers that offer many of these discounts in Pittsburgh, follow this link.
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Pittsburgh.
By using this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Pittsburgh who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you need to find a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Pittsburgh agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will want to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh who may provide free rate quotes.
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh that can give you comparison quotes.
Deciding on a car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Once you have received good responses and cheaper MKC insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide auto insurance.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
When you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you a lot of information how to get a better price on Lincoln MKC insurance in Pittsburgh. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Pittsburgh Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Active Military in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)