How many years has it been since you compared more affordable auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh, PA? Pittsburgh shoppers have many options when shopping for low-cost Mazda CX-5 insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for your Mazda and obtain the lowest possible price.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes every six months because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best price on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Pittsburgh at your last renewal you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Best Mazda CX-5 insurance price quotes in Pennsylvania
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Pittsburgh Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Both genders are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Keep car insurance rates low by being claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania give the lowest premiums to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Avoid unnecessary incidental coverages – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed when buying car insurance. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most major companies allow lower prices to people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Certain employers pay higher rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as real estate brokers, business owners, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher premium rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. Other professions such as farmers, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
- Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles – The deductibles are how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Mazda CX-5 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Claims statistics for a Mazda CX-5 – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Mazda CX-5 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Mazda CX-5 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD 66 88 85 79 83 76 Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD 71 83 102 79 74 72BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Pittsburgh?
Car insurance companies don’t always list every policy discount very well, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Pittsburgh may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies give discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Pittsburgh car insurance online.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new CX-5 can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in school.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Mazda may enable drivers to earn substantially lower prices.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will help lower the cost of coverage.
To view car insurance companies with discount rates in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Pittsburgh insurance agent
A small number of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Pittsburgh who want to provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How long has the business existed?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Pittsburgh agents can either be independent or exclusive. Either type can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand how they are different since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh who can help you get price quotes.
- Chad Gregorini – State Farm Insurance Agent
7 Brilliant Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15215 – (412) 784-8855 – View Map
- Lindsay Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
300 Cedar Blvd #205 – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (412) 344-3030 – View Map
- Mike Newell – State Farm Insurance Agent
4772 Liberty Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15224 – (412) 621-0600 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below are Pittsburgh independent agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Joe Vojtas Agency – ERIE Insurance
9800B McKnight Rd #226 – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 847-3743 – View Map
- T.W. Butts Insurance Agency
4893 Campbells Run Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 787-7800 – View Map
- Celik Insurance Agency Inc.
2407 Mt Troy Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15212 – (412) 323-9300 – View Map
Lower rates by being persistent
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Affordable Mazda CX-5 insurance in Pittsburgh is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Pittsburgh agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
You just learned many tips how you can lower your Mazda CX-5 insurance auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
Steps to finding discount Mazda CX-5 insurance in Pittsburgh
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Mazda CX-5 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Pittsburgh.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. Make sure you store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)