It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest Dodge Magnum insurance is to annually compare prices from providers that insure vehicles in Pittsburgh. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, gain an understanding of car insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like careless driving and a low credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Magnum insurance. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It goes without saying that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who compare price quotes are likely to buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly Dodge Magnum insurance in Pittsburgh is your ultimate target, knowing how to compare auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Affordable rates with discounts
Some companies don’t list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers get the best insurance rates compared to frequent claim filers.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can earn substantially lower rates.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Distant Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Pittsburgh and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To locate insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
The quickest method to compare rates for Dodge Magnum insurance in Pittsburgh utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information like daily mileage, how much education you have, an estimate of your credit level, and your job. Your information is automatically sent to multiple top-rated companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To compare cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Dodge Magnum?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
What if I want to buy from local Pittsburgh auto insurance agents?
Many people still prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Pittsburgh who will give you bids for your business. You never need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Pittsburgh insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Pittsburgh can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
The following are exclusive agents in Pittsburgh willing to provide rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
9026 St Simon Way – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 364-7170 – View Map
- Danielle Howard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1500 Ardmore Blvd Ste 403 – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 351-3305 – View Map
- Lindsay Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
300 Cedar Blvd #205 – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (412) 344-3030 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh that are able to give comparison quotes.
- James L Smith Insurance Agency Inc
304 Cochran Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- The Dowd Insurance Agency
998 Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
- Liberty Insurance Agency
1910 Cochran Rd #800 – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 571-5700 – View Map
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered many tips how you can save on Dodge Magnum insurance in Pittsburgh. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Pittsburgh car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Immigrants in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pittsburgh Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)