Are you researching cheaper car insurance rates in Pittsburgh, PA? Pittsburgh drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost BMW X6 insurance. They can either waste time driving around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a BMW and locate the best price possible either online or from Pittsburgh insurance agents.
Unimaginable but true, most car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in Pennsylvania being $1,363, drivers can cut their rates by $690 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- College Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Driver Safety – Completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Low Mileage – Driving less can qualify you for substantially lower auto insurance rates.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
The example below compares BMW X6 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts are:
If you want affordable Pittsburgh car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in every state. To locate companies with discount rates in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Finding low cost Pittsburgh car insurance prices is actually easier than you may think. You just need to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes to find out which insurance company has inexpensive Pittsburgh car insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Rates and statistics
The data table displayed below highlights a range of insurance premium costs for BMW X6 models. Understanding more about how insurance quotes are formulated can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|X6 35I AWD||$342||$644||$336||$20||$100||$1,442||$120|
|X6 50I AWD||$374||$720||$336||$20||$100||$1,550||$129|
|X6 ActiveHybrid AWD||$406||$794||$336||$20||$100||$1,656||$138|
|X6 M AWD||$406||$794||$336||$20||$100||$1,656||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise prices significantly.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The diagram below shows the comparison of BMW X6 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of BMW X6 car insurance rates with and without full coverage. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your BMW X6 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When selecting proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Will my BMW X6 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Pittsburgh car insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower prices but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When searching for a local agent, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Pittsburgh are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Pittsburgh exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- David Masters – State Farm Insurance Agent
1900 Murray Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 422-1616 – View Map
- Paul Lukitsch – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Fleet St #100 – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 921-2008 – View Map
- Carolyn Dorsey – State Farm Insurance Agent
5901 Baum Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15206 – (412) 361-8000 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh who can help you get price quote information.
- Joe Vojtas Agency – ERIE Insurance
9800B McKnight Rd #226 – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 847-3743 – View Map
- Brown Insurance Agency
5001 Baum Blvd #515 – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 681-7114 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Joshua Michael Dott Agency
513 Towne Square Way – Pittsburgh, PA 15227 – (412) 927-2400 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for BMW X6 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, high prices or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
When getting Pittsburgh car insurance quotes online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding better rates for BMW X6 insurance in Pittsburgh
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from providers in Pittsburgh.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on X6 insurance in Pittsburgh. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More information is located at these links:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)