A study showed that nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Pennsylvania could save an average of nearly $700 each year, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper prices for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Pittsburgh is to regularly compare prices from providers in Pennsylvania. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for information to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best price selection.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Pittsburgh is actually quite simple. If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to find better prices using these techniques. But Pennsylvania drivers can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cheapest Chevy insurance rate quotes in Pittsburgh
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Pittsburgh
Car insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- College Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Pittsburgh without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Club Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Get Cheaper Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help calculate insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Liability is important – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- City traffic equals higher prices – Having an address in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Pennsylvania areas have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
- Driving citations can increase premiums – Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Only having one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. People who have dangerous tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Less chance of injury means lower insurance rates – Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Chevy Captiva Sport has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Chevy Captiva Sport claim statistics – Auto insurance companies use historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What is the minimum liability in Pennsylvania?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to companies in Pittsburgh that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Pennsylvania?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Pittsburgh?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Pittsburgh?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
Cheaper insurance in Pittsburgh is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Pittsburgh, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Pittsburgh. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Pittsburgh car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)