The best way to quote cheaper Chevy Trax insurance in Pittsburgh is to compare prices once a year from providers in Pennsylvania.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives tips to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save nearly $860 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Chevy Trax insurance discounts in Pittsburgh
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Distant Student Discount – Children living away from Pittsburgh attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Onboard Data Collection – Pittsburgh drivers who agree to allow their company to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Pittsburgh auto insurance quote.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Early Signing – A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes online.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for renewal discount, good student, youthful driver, multi-policy, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Allstate discounts include premier discount, new car, senior citizen, defensive driver, and resident student.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for accident-free, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered everywhere.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Trax in Pittsburgh, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects not only your Chevy Trax but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
How to find a good Pennsylvania auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the best company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Pennsylvania. The ranking information below could help you decide which auto insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
How to know if you need help
When selecting your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Pennsylvania?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Do I need an agent?
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh who will give you quotes to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Pittsburgh should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Pittsburgh?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh willing to provide rate quotes.
Corey Griffith – State Farm Insurance Agent
1143 S Braddock Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15218 – (412) 241-1178 – View Map
Steve Long – State Farm Insurance Agent
2830 W Liberty Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 531-5600 – View Map
David Masters – State Farm Insurance Agent
1900 Murray Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 422-1616 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get several quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Pittsburgh that can give you price quote information.
Masters Insurance Services
1719 Ardmore Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 351-2448 – View Map
Spodek Insurance Agency, Inc.
4349 Murray Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 521-8600 – View Map
The Dowd Insurance Agency
998 Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map