It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who get price quotes annually are very likely to move their business because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved $860 a year compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Pittsburgh is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the process.
If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Pennsylvania.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and a negative credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for additional tips to keep prices down and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. When you receive it, put the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
How to buy Pittsburgh Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance online
All the larger car insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get pricing on their websites. This process is very simple as you simply type in your coverage information into the quote form. After you submit the form the quote system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on these factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the best rate.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverages just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will be getting comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Pennsylvania. To find cheaper auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Pittsburgh, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Pennsylvania but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Ford but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get better insurance rates. Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Insurance prices and driver gender – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Where do you drive? – The more you drive your Ford annually the higher your rate. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Having an incorrect usage rating on your C-Max Hybrid is throwing money out the window. Verify your declarations sheet states the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Liability protection is cheap – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Save money with good credit – Credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Ford C-Max Hybrid by improving your credit score.
- More performance means higher prices – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – The majority of insurers afford lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance claim data – Auto insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help calculate premium prices. Models that the data shows to have increased losses will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the collected loss data for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford C-Max Hybrid Vehicles Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford C-Max Hybrid 99 92 95 94 89 100BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
One last thing to lower rates
You just read a lot of information how to lower your Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance rates in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Pittsburgh auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Ford C-Max Hybrid rate quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Lower-priced car insurance in Pittsburgh is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)