Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop rates annually will most likely switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey found that people who regularly compared price quotes saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Ford GT insurance in Pittsburgh is your ultimate target, learning how to get price quotes and compare insurance rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Ford GT insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who can sell car insurance in Pittsburgh. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article gives the details to help keep prices low and find hidden discounts.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper GT coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Pittsburgh is not rocket science. If you are insured now, you should be able to cut your premiums using the following tips. But Pennsylvania car owners benefit from understanding how insurance companies calculate their prices because it varies considerably.
Companies offering affordable Ford GT rate quotes in Pittsburgh, PA
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheap rates on Ford GT insurance in Pittsburgh with these discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up before your current GT insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes online.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount simply for signing on the web.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see providers with the best Ford GT insurance discounts in Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, follow this link.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Many people would rather have an agent’s advice. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Pittsburgh who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a provider requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Pittsburgh should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good Pittsburgh insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Pittsburgh are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Pittsburgh who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Paul Lukitsch – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Fleet St #100 – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 921-2008 – View Map
- Steve Long – State Farm Insurance Agent
2830 W Liberty Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 531-5600 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
9026 St Simon Way – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 364-7170 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Pittsburgh that are able to give price quote information.
- Riley Insurance
2544 Library Rd # 205 – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 563-2390 – View Map
- Brown Insurance Agency
5001 Baum Blvd #515 – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 681-7114 – View Map
- Rodgers Andrew F Insurance Agency Inc
Foster Plaza V, 651 Holiday Dr – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 922-1651 – View Map
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
More affordable auto insurance in Pittsburgh is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)