A study showed that 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. The average driver in the U.S. can save about 47% each year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Honda Element insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Pittsburgh. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher rates such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
An important note is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Quoting and comparing rates for the best-priced protection in Pittsburgh is not as time-consuming as you think. In a nutshell, anyone who needs more affordable car insurance will most likely be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania car owners must learn the methods companies use to sell online and apply this information to your search.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give you rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as how old drivers are, if you went to college, distance driven, and if you are currently licensed. The data gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
To check Honda Element insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Pittsburgh, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Car insurance data for a Honda Element
The information displayed next outlines estimates of insurance prices for Honda Element models. Learning more about how auto insurance policy rates are figured is important for you to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Element LX 2WD||$206||$346||$330||$20||$98||$1,000||$83|
|Element LX 4WD||$206||$346||$330||$20||$98||$1,000||$83|
|Element EX 2WD||$206||$346||$330||$20||$98||$1,000||$83|
|Element EX 4WD||$206||$346||$330||$20||$98||$1,000||$83|
|Element SC 2WD||$206||$346||$330||$20||$98||$1,000||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific Pittsburgh garaging location which can influence insurance rates considerably.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors that factor into prices.
Premiums drop with age – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be easily distracted when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
A good credit score can save money – Your credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Honda Element by improving your rating. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Type of car determines base prices – The make and model of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Honda Element rates compared to other makes and models that have different performances.
Insurance rates in urban areas – Residing in areas with lower population can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
Your career may increase rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and miners tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
Insurance companies don’t like frequent claims – Insurance companies in Pennsylvania provide the best rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and term life insurance are some examples. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Married drivers pay lower prices – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Element in Pittsburgh, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Honda Element but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Element are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.