A recent study showed that most insurance policyholders in Pennsylvania have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. U.S. drivers could save an average of approximately $860 each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Honda HR-V insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers in Pittsburgh.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives additional ideas to help reduce premium rates and find missing discounts.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. View prices
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, put the proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Our objective in writing this article is to let you in on how insurance works and some tips to save money. If you are already insured, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania car owners need to learn how big insurance companies price insurance differently and use it to your advantage.
Companies offering Honda HR-V insurance in Pittsburgh
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Pittsburgh, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Save with these discounts on Honda HR-V insurance in Pittsburgh
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every possible discount very well, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance on a new HR-V can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Pittsburgh and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will reduce your overall bill.
Car insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your state. To see insurance companies that offer discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Do you have a tough occupation? – Occupational choices like military generals, police officers, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher average rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, jobs like scientists, students and performers pay the least.
- Minor frequent auto insurance claims are not good – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania give better rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Prevent theft and save money – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes get in accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to your policy, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is my Honda HR-V covered for flood damage?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Local Pittsburgh insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Pittsburgh.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to your email. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When looking for a local agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents in Pittsburgh are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Below are Pittsburgh independent agencies who can help you get pricing information.
- Dowd Insurance Agency Inc
998, Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
- Hurley Insurance Brokers
3508 Fifth Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 682-6100 – View Map
- McGroarty and Bradburn Insurance
4175 Steubenville Pike – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 444-4470 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. They are well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Pittsburgh willing to provide rate quotes.
- Mike Newell – State Farm Insurance Agent
4772 Liberty Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15224 – (412) 621-0600 – View Map
- Mike Dudenas – State Farm Insurance Agent
901 Castle Shannon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 561-5012 – View Map
- Michael Dear State Farm
2632 Brownsville Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15227 – (412) 884-9700 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- If they are an independent agency in Pittsburgh, which companies do they recommend?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is there a local claims center in Pittsburgh?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Pittsburgh?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Best auto insurance in Pennsylvania
Buying coverage from the right insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Pittsburgh. The information in the lists below could help you analyze which auto insurers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Smart shoppers get results
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is easier than you think.
You just read a lot of techniques to lower your Honda HR-V insurance car insurance rates in Pittsburgh. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)