It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around for better prices will presumably switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved $3,500 over four years compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for Hyundai Equus insurance in Pittsburgh is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who provide car insurance in Pittsburgh. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Pittsburgh. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance for Less
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings.
The items below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Most insurers afford discounts to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare Hyundai Equus rates in Pittsburgh to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Higher premiums for specific occupations – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as judges, social workers, and stock brokers tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
- Drive lots and pay more – Driving more miles each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy is rated on annual mileage. An improperly rated Equus is just wasting money.
- City traffic equals higher costs – Residing in a small town is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Discounts for theft deterrents – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Impacts performance impacts auto insurance rates – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are for smaller low performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Single drivers take more risk – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Hyundai Equus insurance claim data – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that historically have higher losses will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Hyundai Equus vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Hyundai Equus Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Equus 4dr 155 83 225 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When shopping for inexpensive Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from all the different companies. The easiest way by far to compare rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Comparison shopping rate quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to actually drive to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to quote Hyundai Equus insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the professional abilities that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies comparison shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy. When price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes will enable you to find the best price. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you should also compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If you want the best car insurance in Pittsburgh, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Buying the right Hyundai vehicle insurance in Pennsylvania is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Hyundai Equus in Pittsburgh, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Hyundai Equus with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your assets and your Hyundai. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Pennsylvania is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
These discounts can slash Hyundai Equus insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to track their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with these benefits possibly include:
When quoting, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be available in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers with the best Hyundai Equus insurance discounts in Pittsburgh, click here.
Local Pittsburgh auto insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Pittsburgh who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking a insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Two types of Pittsburgh car insurance agents
If you are searching for local Pittsburgh agents, there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents in Pittsburgh can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are Pittsburgh exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
George O’Korn – State Farm Insurance Agent
4486 Steubenville Pike – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 921-1182 – View Map
David Masters – State Farm Insurance Agent
1900 Murray Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 422-1616 – View Map
Lindsay Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
300 Cedar Blvd #205 – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (412) 344-3030 – View Map
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent agents in Pittsburgh that can give you price quote information.
Murray Insurance Agency
1565 McFarland Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 561-1600 – View Map
Wagner Agency, Inc.
5020 Centre Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 681-2700 – View Map
The Dowd Insurance Agency
998 Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
If you feel you receive positive feedback and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting adequate coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Pennsylvania?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Pennsylvania?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Affordable Hyundai Equus insurance in Pittsburgh can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Pittsburgh agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Hyundai Equus insurance prices online in Pittsburgh. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More learning opportunities
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Used Cars in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)