If you’re looking for lower-priced insurance online, are you intimidated by the crazy number of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? You’re not alone. Consumers have so many choices that it can easily turn into a challenge to find the perfect company for you. Pittsburgh is a good city to live in, but high auto insurance premiums can make it hard for many drivers to meet other financial obligations.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Pittsburgh
The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Pittsburgh.
- Step 1: Read about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and a low credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most auto insurance buyers in Pennsylvania have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in America can cut their rates by nearly $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Quoting the lowest cost coverage in Pittsburgh is not that difficult. In essence, every vehicle owner who is looking for cheaper car insurance will most likely find better rates. But Pennsylvania vehicle owners do need to understand how insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate prices.
Bad drivers pay high rates – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Do you know you’re credit history? – Having a bad credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Rates and vocation – Jobs like military generals, business owners, and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs like actors, historians and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Keep insurance rates low by being claim-free – Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania generally give the best rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Discounts for theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder auto theft.
Discounts for multiple policies – Most major insurance companies afford better rates to customers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare other Pittsburgh Sonata Hybrid insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Insurance loss data for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid vehicles – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the historical loss data for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Hyundai Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Sonata Hybrid||142||116||119||124||138||121|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
Check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Pittsburgh auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting a high-quality car insurance company is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in Pittsburgh. The company rank data shown below may help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Erie Insurance
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just presented many ways to lower your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance premium rates in Pittsburgh. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in paying claims, high prices and even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
Affordable Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Pittsburgh can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
How to find cheaper rates for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Pittsburgh
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies who provide auto insurance in Pittsburgh. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding and your credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Immediately keep the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)