If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Hyundai Veracruz insurance in Pittsburgh is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Pennsylvania.
- First, read about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for information to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Unthinkable but true, most drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Pennsylvania could cut their rates by $700 a year, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they just switched companies.
Our goal is to teach you how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. If you have a current car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the ideas presented in this article. You just need to know the most time-saving way to compare company rates instantly.
Low Cost Hyundai insurance prices in Pittsburgh
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Pittsburgh, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance analysis for a Hyundai Veracruz
The coverage information displayed next covers estimates of insurance costs for Hyundai Veracruz models. Having knowledge of how insurance quotes are formulated helps drivers make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Veracruz GLS 2WD||$198||$364||$268||$16||$80||$926||$77|
|Veracruz GLS AWD||$224||$364||$268||$16||$80||$952||$79|
|Veracruz Limited 2WD||$224||$430||$268||$16||$80||$1,018||$85|
|Veracruz Limited AWD||$224||$430||$268||$16||$80||$1,018||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease premium rates considerably.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper car insurance rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions influence Hyundai Veracruz car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Veracruz insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Veracruz car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Hyundai Veracruz replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Save with these six discounts on Hyundai Veracruz insurance in Pittsburgh
Some companies don’t list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Pittsburgh car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money since newer models are generally safer.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will help lower your policy cost.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Veracruz insurance prices with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, accident-free, safe vehicle, good driver, multiple policy, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- American Family may offer discounts for defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and accident-free.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good driver, and education and occupation.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for accident-free, location of vehicle, ease of repair, anti-theft, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for business and professional, multi-car, teen driver, pay in full, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Some consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agents is definitely important in Pittsburgh.
By using this simple form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Pittsburgh auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you need to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Pittsburgh are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh that can possibly get you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Kelly Insurance Group
700 River Ave # 433 – Pittsburgh, PA 15212 – (412) 325-1650 – View Map
- Preston and Grafton Insurance Agency
2012 Murray Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 586-7340 – View Map
- D Johnson Insurance Agency
12806 Frankstown Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15235 – (412) 744-4800 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh willing to provide price quote information.
- Darlene Shelton-Lamot – State Farm Insurance Agent
911 Western Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15233 – (412) 322-1064 – View Map
- Michael Dear State Farm
2632 Brownsville Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15227 – (412) 884-9700 – View Map
- George O’Korn – State Farm Insurance Agent
4486 Steubenville Pike – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 921-1182 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Best auto insurance company in Pennsylvania
Picking the top insurance provider is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Pennsylvania. The company rank data shown below may help you decide which companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your Veracruz from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Veracruz to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, hospital visits, chiropractic care, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like medical expenses, pain and suffering and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Pennsylvania requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Veracruz.
Since many Pennsylvania drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5 in Pennsylvania), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and vandalism. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Shop smart and save
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund or high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on Hyundai Veracruz insurance in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
When searching for inexpensive Pittsburgh car insurance quotes, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- How Much is Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)