It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who compare rates annually are very likely to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved an average of $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is your target objective, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost Pontiac Aztek insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Pittsburgh. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Pittsburgh. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Best Pontiac Aztek insurance rate quotes in Pennsylvania
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Pennsylvania. If you wish to find the best car insurance in Pennsylvania, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Learn How to Quote Auto Insurance for Less
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find cheaper rates. Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Bundle policies to earn discounts – Lots of auto insurance companies will award a discount to clients who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
High credit equals lower costs – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Pontiac Aztek if you improve your credit rating.
Certain vocations raise prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations such as lawyers, police officers, and medical professionals tend to pay higher rates than average because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as professors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
Low mileage costs less – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated Aztek can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your policy correctly shows the correct usage.
Is insurance cheaper for men or women? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes have at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Youthful drivers are expensive to insure – Beginning drivers in Pennsylvania are known to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Liability coverage claims can be big – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Pittsburgh auto insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about before being credited.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Aztek can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Pittsburgh may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, multiple policy, good student, defensive driving training, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Nationwide includes discounts for business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, accident-free, anti-theft, and defensive driving.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, federal employee, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, education and occupation, multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- 21st Century may include discounts for 55 and older, driver training, homeowners, automatic seat belts, early bird, defensive driver, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, and driver training.
If you want low cost Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Pittsburgh. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers still like to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh that provide free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How are claims handled?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they function. Pittsburgh agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh who may provide you with price quotes.
Mike Dudenas – State Farm Insurance Agent
901 Castle Shannon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 561-5012 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Pittsburgh that can give you comparison quotes.
Ratings for Pittsburgh auto insurance companies
Choosing the highest-rated insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Pittsburgh. The company information below may help you choose which providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does my Pontiac Aztek need full coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Affordable insurance premiums are possible
You just read some good ideas how you can save on Pontiac Aztek insurance in Pittsburgh. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Lower-priced insurance in Pittsburgh can be found online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high prices, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More detailed insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)