If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Acura RL insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Pittsburgh.
- Try to learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides ideas to lower rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $865 a year compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare car insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Most major insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive give coverage prices directly from their websites. This process doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter the coverages you want into the form. After the form is submitted, their rating system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on many factors. Being able to quote online for Acura RL insurance in Pittsburgh helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to get cheap insurance pricing.
To compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Pennsylvania. To locate cheaper car insurance in Pennsylvania, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
The information displayed next showcases different prices for Acura RL models. Knowing how premiums are determined can help drivers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$246||$520||$372||$22||$112||$1,272||$106|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$246||$520||$372||$22||$112||$1,272||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in Pittsburgh location which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The example below compares Acura RL premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The example below visualizes the comparison of Acura RL auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn’t a written rule for dropping full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura RL settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Pennsylvania
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is required in Pennsylvania but it also protects you in many ways.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower Your Pittsburgh Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Acura. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The deductibles you choose are how much the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Age of drivers – Beginning drivers in Pennsylvania are known to get distracted easily when driving so car insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older people tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Do you work long hours in a demanding vocation? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations such as fire fighters, social workers, and miners tend to pay higher premium rates in part from stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Companies in Pennsylvania generally give cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Accidents can be expensive – Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one moving violation can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers who have gotten severe violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents influence Acura RL car insurance rates for each different age group. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Acura RL claim probability – Companies use data from past claims to help determine the price you pay. Models that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher cost to insure. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Acura RL vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Acura RL Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance rates and discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on RL insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to study their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will help lower your policy premium.
The example below compares Acura RL auto insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply in your state. For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Acura RL?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Pennsylvania?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
A lot of people just want to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in Pittsburgh.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Pittsburgh who will give competitive quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you contact several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Pittsburgh who may be able to give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are Pittsburgh exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
Eric Morris – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15209 – (412) 821-0225 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Pittsburgh should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Pittsburgh?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How long has their agency been in business in Pittsburgh?
After receiving positive feedback as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Ratings for Pennsylvania auto insurance companies
Selecting the top car insurance company is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Pittsburgh. The ranking data listed below could help you analyze which auto insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Affordable Acura RL insurance in Pittsburgh can be found on the web in addition to many Pittsburgh insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional auto insurance information is available at these links:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- How Much is Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)