Unbelievably, most drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Pennsylvania being $1,400, drivers could save almost 55% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare other rate quotes.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Pennsylvania. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to put the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Pittsburgh is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania consumers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Chevy Uplander insurance in Pittsburgh
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To get the cheapest car insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Chevy Uplander insurance in Pittsburgh
Some companies do not advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new Uplander can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Uplander insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy may allow you to get better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their insurance company to spy on vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts include:
Double check with every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Pittsburgh. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Learn How to Quote Car Insurance for Less
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
Younger drivers cost more – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Teenage drivers are proven to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Credit score impacts premium rates – Having a bad credit score factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit is not that good, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Uplander by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania DMV.
Don’t get traffic citations – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Just one driving citation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive your Chevy every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Uplander may be wasting your money. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Don’t buy add-on coverages that aren’t used – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying car insurance. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
Gender impacts costs – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
Insurance agencies near you
A small number of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local agencies is especially important in Pittsburgh.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is sent to companies in Pittsburgh who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found a company that can be relied on to properly service your auto insurance policy. But remember, you have the power to cancel your policy for any reason so don’t feel you are locked into any specific agency for the entire policy term.
Quote often and quote early
We covered some good ideas how to save on Chevy Uplander insurance in Pittsburgh. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)