Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced car insurance can draw down your checking account and put a big crunch on your finances.
Amazingly, the vast majority of car insurance customers have been with the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Pennsylvania can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
Drivers have many insurers to pick from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Chrysler 200 insurance in Pittsburgh.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding more affordable insurance. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare prices from them as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Pennsylvania. To locate cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your 200
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects both your Chrysler and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Pittsburgh insurance discounts for a Chrysler 200
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but some must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple vehicles with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current 200 insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, good driver, bundled insurance, good student, Steer into Savings, and accident-free.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, good driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, defensive driver, air bags, five-year accident-free, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, ease of repair, multi-car, accident-free, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, good student, pay in full, early shopping, youthful driver, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
If you want cheaper Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see companies that offer some of these discounts in Pittsburgh, click this link.
You may need advice from an insurance agency
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is especially important in Pittsburgh.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents in Pittsburgh are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Pittsburgh who can help you get free price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are Pittsburgh exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
Deciding on a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Pittsburgh?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Upon receiving good responses to any questions you have and cheap 200 insurance quotes, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you are able to cancel a policy any time you want so don’t assume that you are obligated to any specific company with no way to switch.
Will just any policy work for me?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Pittsburgh?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
When getting Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Discount Chrysler 200 insurance in Pittsburgh is attainable online and from local insurance agents, so get free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
Steps to buying lower priced Chrysler 200 insurance in Pittsburgh
The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for Chrysler 200 insurance in Pittsburgh is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania.
First, get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper 200 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, keep your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)