A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save approximately $860 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper Hyundai Azera insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in Pittsburgh. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a poor credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. Find a Pittsburgh insurance agent
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Companies offering competitive Hyundai Azera rate quotes in Pittsburgh, PA
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Pittsburgh, PA. If you want cheaper car insurance in Pennsylvania, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The price information displayed next covers a range of coverage costs for Hyundai Azera models. Having a good understanding how insurance policy premiums are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Azera GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$366||$398||$24||$120||$1,062||$89|
|Azera Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$174||$366||$398||$24||$120||$1,082||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Pittsburgh location which can influence prices considerably.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The illustration below shows how violations and fender-benders can drive up Hyundai Azera car insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Don’t overlook these Hyundai Azera insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Pittsburgh car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Pittsburgh drivers who agree to allow data collection to study driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will help reduce the premium cost.
The illustration below compares Hyundai Azera auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, student away at school, good driver, good student, and accident-free.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include student driver, 55 and older, theft prevention, good student, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including IntelliDrive, multi-car, student away at school, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, military active duty, good student, defensive driver, air bags, and driver training.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not apply in Pittsburgh. To see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Pittsburgh, click this link.
Get Cheaper Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings.
Younger vs. mature drivers – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teenage driver to your insurance policy can be very expensive. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insure your auto and home with one company – Lots of insurance companies allow a discount for people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Hyundai is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
Liability insurance risk factors – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are many extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
Low coverage deductibles can be expensive – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Don’t cancel your insurance policy without a new one in place – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Hyundai Azera historical loss data – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that have higher loss trends will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Hyundai Azera vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Will my Hyundai Azera be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What is the ISO rating for a Hyundai Azera?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Pittsburgh.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance company that meets the criteria to properly service your insurance policy. But keep in mind consumers can cancel coverage whenever you choose to so don’t think that you’re stuck with any particular company with no way to switch.
Pennsylvania auto insurance companies
Selecting a highly-rated auto insurance company is difficult considering how many choices there are in Pittsburgh. The rank data in the next section may help you analyze which coverage providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Hyundai Azera insurance in Pittsburgh. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from an unexpected company. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Discount Hyundai Azera insurance in Pittsburgh is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)