Do you want to stop overpaying and find more affordable car insurance rates in Pittsburgh, PA? Pittsburgh buyers have options when searching for the lowest priced Hyundai Entourage insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Hyundai and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Pittsburgh agents.
Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year are very likely to switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A survey found that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is why you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Pittsburgh is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. You just need to understand the quickest method to quote multiple rates online.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. The only thing you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing rates from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Pittsburgh, PA. To find cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These five discounts can slash Hyundai Entourage insurance rates
Auto insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Pittsburgh car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Entourage insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Sign Online – A few companies may give you up to $50 get Pittsburgh car insurance over the internet.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Travelers discounts include save driver, home ownership, early quote, continuous insurance, and student away at school.
- 21st Century may include discounts for 55 and older, driver training, defensive driver, homeowners, automatic seat belts, student driver, and air bags.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple policy, accident-free, multiple autos, and good driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, driver training, air bags, anti-theft, good student, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with discount rates in Pittsburgh, click here.
When should I get advice from an insurance agency?
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent. Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find lower auto insurance rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Pittsburgh should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are they full-time agents?
Pittsburgh car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you would like to find a local Pittsburgh insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following are Pittsburgh exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Bianco
1154 Freeport Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15238 – (412) 967-7655 – View Map
- Darla Zeli – State Farm Insurance Agent
2513 E Carson St – Pittsburgh, PA 15203 – (412) 431-7166 – View Map
- Danielle Howard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1500 Ardmore Blvd Ste 403 – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 351-3305 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you need to compare prices from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Pittsburgh that can give you comparison quotes.
- Dowd Insurance Agency Inc
998, Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
- Ron Dunn Insurance Agency, LLC
124 Ingram Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 922-1126 – View Map
- The Dowd Insurance Agency
998 Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
After getting positive feedback for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
Car insurance in Pennsylvania serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Hyundai Entourage, it’s most likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves your Hyundai Entourage and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Entourage.
Since many Pennsylvania drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your Entourage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Entourage in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, medical expenses and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Pennsylvania requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and falling objects. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses like dental work, X-ray expenses, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
What is the best auto insurance company in Pennsylvania?
Choosing the top auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Pennsylvania. The company ratings shown below may help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Cheap insurance rates are out there
Affordable Hyundai Entourage insurance in Pittsburgh can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Pittsburgh, so get free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read a lot of information how to save on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Pittsburgh. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Pittsburgh car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Steps to finding affordable Hyundai Entourage insurance in Pittsburgh
Really, the only way to get affordable Hyundai Entourage insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Pittsburgh. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a low credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A tip to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Used Cars in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)