If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Pennsylvania. This can be done by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, store the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
A recent car insurance study discovered that a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,400, Pennsylvania drivers can save as much as 55% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rate quotes.
If you have coverage now or need a new policy, use these techniques to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Locating the best rates in Pittsburgh is really quite easy. You only have to learn the most efficient way to compare price quotes online.
Companies offering Kia Spectra insurance in Pennsylvania
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Earn discounts on Pittsburgh car insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you complete an application, but a few must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Kia may enable drivers to earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Pittsburgh and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
A few companies that may include most of these discounts include:
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere. To find companies who offer free Kia Spectra insurance quotes in Pittsburgh, click here.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
Types of auto insurance agents in Pittsburgh
When narrowing the list to find a local Pittsburgh insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can do a good job, but it’s important to point out how they differ since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are Pittsburgh exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with price quotes.
Darlene Shelton-Lamot – State Farm Insurance Agent
911 Western Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15233 – (412) 322-1064 – View Map
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are independent agencies in Pittsburgh who can help you get comparison quotes.
Once you have satisfactory answers as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy.
Pittsburgh auto insurance company ratings
Finding a high-quality insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies provide coverage in Pennsylvania. The information shown next could help you select which coverage providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Persistence pays off
While you’re price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents. Cheap Kia Spectra insurance in Pittsburgh is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Pittsburgh agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on Kia Spectra insurance in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Kia Spectra rate quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Much more information about car insurance in Pennsylvania is located at the links below
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- How Much is Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)