It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper Nissan Leaf insurance in Pittsburgh is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Pennsylvania. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for tips to help prevent expensive coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,360, Pittsburgh drivers could save 55% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Our goal in writing this article help educate you on how car insurance quotes work and also save some money in the process If you are insured now, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using this strategy. But Pennsylvania car owners can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium.
To find low cost rates, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Pennsylvania. The best method to find the cheapest Nissan Leaf insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Just remember that having more price comparisons helps you find more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Pennsylvania. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Pittsburgh, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect more than your Nissan Leaf
Even though Pittsburgh Leaf insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Leaf, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Four factors that impact insurance premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Men are more aggressive – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Both genders have accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Lower rates with uninterrupted coverage – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Consider raising coverage deductibles – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Nissan. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Extra policy coverages can add up – There are quite a few additional coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Leaf – Auto insurance companies use data from past claims when they file their rates in each state. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher cost to insure. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Leaf vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Nissan Leaf Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Leaf Electric 89 84 45 83 64 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Pittsburgh car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- E-sign Discounts – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Pittsburgh car insurance on your computer.
- Anti-theft System – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies provide a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Pittsburgh car insurance online.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A partial list of companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Pittsburgh. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Pittsburgh auto insurance agent
Many people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Pittsburgh.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they function. Agencies in Pittsburgh can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to check rates from independent agents to maximize your price options. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are Pittsburgh independent insurance agents that can give you free price quotes.
- Dowd Insurance Agency Inc
998, Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
- A For the People Insurance Agency, Inc.
2514 Wylie Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 621-5581 – View Map
- Wagner Agency, Inc.
5020 Centre Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 681-2700 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh who can help you get price quotes.
- Darla Zeli – State Farm Insurance Agent
2513 E Carson St – Pittsburgh, PA 15203 – (412) 431-7166 – View Map
- Donna Fleming – State Farm Insurance Agent
11203 Frankstown Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15235 – (412) 242-5995 – View Map
- Steve Long – State Farm Insurance Agent
2830 W Liberty Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 531-5600 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as inexpensive Nissan Leaf insurance in Pittsburgh quotes, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Ratings for Pittsburgh car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices you have in Pittsburgh. The rank data shown below may help you analyze which providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don’t give up on affordable rates
We just presented a lot of ways to find cheap Nissan Leaf insurance in Pittsburgh. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
When getting Pittsburgh car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)