It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who get price quotes annually will probably buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that drivers who regularly compared rates saved approximately $865 a year compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Pontiac G6 insurance is why you’re here, learning how to find and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to compare quotes once a year from companies in Pennsylvania. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and poor credit can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare identical coverages on each quote request and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Pittsburgh can be much easier if you know how to start. Although Pennsylvania car owners need to learn the methods companies use to calculate your car insurance rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
Best companies for competitive Pontiac G6 insurance in Pennsylvania
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Pennsylvania. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, PA, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage information displayed next highlights different insurance coverage prices for Pontiac G6 models. Knowing how insurance prices are calculated can be useful when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|G6 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$578||$428||$26||$128||$1,432||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Pittsburgh garaging location which can influence rates considerably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Pontiac G6 insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Pontiac G6 liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below compares Pontiac G6 premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive rule to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Pontiac G6 replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Get discounts on Pittsburgh insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because it shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free before the accident.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Pontiac G6 car insurance costs with and without discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, air bags, federal employee, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for company car, multiple vehicles, good student, multi-policy, group or association, and air bags.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, air bags, good driver, Steer into Savings, good student, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance offers discounts including Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, renters, and multi-car.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, good driver, good student, multi-car, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be offered in your state.
Pontiac G6 Insurance Premiums Can Be Cheaper
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Vocation impacts premiums – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than average attributed to intense work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as professors, students and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Add-on coverages may not be needed – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Limits of liability insurance – Liability coverage will provide protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower cost passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Pontiac G6 rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
Careless drivers pay higher prices – How you drive has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than bad drivers. Even one driving citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have dangerous tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can drive up Pontiac G6 car insurance costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Pennsylvania provide better rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Pontiac from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a broken windshield, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your auto insurance will be.
Low credit history equals high rates – Having a good credit history can be an important factor in determining your rates. If your credit could use some work, you may save money insuring your Pontiac G6 if you clean up your credit. Insureds with good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with poor credit scores.
Auto insurance quotes from local Pittsburgh insurance agents
Many people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Pittsburgh.
After completing this simple form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Pittsburgh who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local Pittsburgh insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agents in Pittsburgh are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, you will want to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Pittsburgh that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Pittsburgh that can give you price quotes.
Darlene Shelton-Lamot – State Farm Insurance Agent
911 Western Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15233 – (412) 322-1064 – View Map
Eric Morris – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15209 – (412) 821-0225 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Any agent in Pittsburgh should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Pittsburgh?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Which auto insurance company is best in Pittsburgh?
Picking a highly-rated insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Pennsylvania. The ranking information in the lists below can help you pick which providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Cheaper insurance in Pittsburgh is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Pittsburgh car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)